Many users of the QMS and other ISO-MSS appear to misunderstand the word PROCESS.
When advised to do process audits, auditors proceed to limit themselves to checking of procedures implementation. Checking of procedures’ implementation is not wrong in itself but misunderstanding procedures as a process is wrong.
This webinar provides a basic understanding of processes, the components of a process, the factors that can affect the performance of a process in order to meet its objectives, improve on it over time and help realize continuous improvement in the organization.
- To provide a deeper understanding of Processes and how they can be used to realize continuous improvement in an organization
- To enable the determination of factors that affect the performance of processes in attendee’s organization
- The basics of processes
- Official definition
- What makes up a process (components)
- Factors affecting process performance
- Process objectives and how to measure them
- How Process Improvement affects continuous improvement in the organization
- Overview of the Process: the SIPOC Diagram
- Process Establishment: How do we know it is complete? Use of the PAD
- Process Method: How do we know it is the right one?
- Process Auditing: Use of the simple and easy PAD tool that lets us know what to look for during an audit
- Process Improvement
- Approaches to improvement
- Risk consideration
- Treatment of improvement actions
- Measures of Process Performance
- Regular Evaluation of Process Performance
DATE, TIME, AND REGISTRATION:
For companies with 3 or more participants, please use the group registration form, download it here.
Upon receipt of your registration, our accounting will send you a statement of account for payment processing. Payments shall be settled before the seminar date.
ACCESS TO WEBINAR LINK WILL BE GIVEN ONLY AFTER PAYMENT IS SETTLED.
Ms. Kate Trina Sibayan