Environmental Management Professional Development Program
Qualification Course for Environmental Professionals
2019 was the second warmest year on record…carbon dioxide (CO2) levels and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere rose to new records as well in 2019. Climate change is affecting every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives. Weather patterns are changing, sea levels are rising, and weather events are becoming more extreme –United Nations.
It may as well be up to us, – pollution managers, environmental officers, or sustainability development executives, to direct our organizations towards more sustainable production practices. From the raw materials we extract, the processes we use to produce our products, to packaging materials, to the disposal methods applied to our products when they reach their end, we should be more mindful of how all of our activities affect the environment.
This qualification course will add value to the accountabilities of an environmental professional by understanding the fundamental elements of the environment, including the ecology, ecosystems and environmental principles. The course will help them know the applicable regulatory environmental laws and grasp the global urgency of slowing down climate change and putting a stop to factors that contribute to it. As environmental professionals, we commit to saving the earth while using a balanced approach to sustainability between the economic, social and environmental factors.
In this course, environmental professionals will enhance their skills in identifying and assessing the impacts of industrial activities on the environment and eventually develop sustainable programs that will reduce excessive use of resources, prevent pollution and manage waste.
At the end of this course, Personnel and Managers for the Environment will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles and elements of the environment and its ecosystems
- Assess and improve the current environmental performance of their organization
- Determine critical factors that contribute to pollution of the environment
- Determine critical aspects of organization’s activities and their significant adverse impact towards the environment
- Develop sustainable programs and action plans that aim to
- enhance environmental performance,
- fulfill compliance obligations
- prevent pollution
- The Science behind Environmental Management
- Identifying, Assessing, Evaluating and Mitigating an Organization’s Operational Aspects and their Environmental Impacts
- The Origins of International Environmental Protocols
- Philippine Environmental Laws
- Climate Change
- The UN SDGs
- A brief overview of ISO 14001:2015, the Environmental Management System Standard
- The Life Cycle Perspective vs. The Common Linear Perspective
- Exercises on the initial environmental assessment of own organization
- Planning for improvement of Environmental Performance
- Establishing Environmental KPIs
- Action Plans and Programs supporting environmental goals
- Environmental Monitoring Programs
- Roles, Responsibilities and Attributes of Environmental Managers
Environmental Management Reps, Potential EMRs, PCOs, Executives, Functional Managers, Environmental Management Consultants, any person interested to know how they can contribute to the improvement of their environmental performance for the future generation.
SCHEDULE AND FEE
10 half-day sessions, 5 modules
November 15-19, 2021 – November 22-26, 2021 at 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM via Zoom
The fee for this qualification course is Php 33,600 (vat inc)
Training handout and e-certificate.