Food Allergen Control and Management Course
The course intends to provide an understanding of the various allergens present in food, its medical and consumer importance, and provide guidance to food manufacturers and processors in managing allergens in their products and operations to ensure that customers are made aware and safe.
Included for discussions are allergen control and management approaches from product development, supplier sourcing, operations, and handling, including labeling, allergen program validation, and testing.
What is an Allergy?
- Importance of controlling allergens in food
- Medical characteristics of Allergen
- Types and Difference of Allergenic Reaction and Food Intolerance
Common allergens in food, their sources, and derived food products and ingredients
- 8 Major Allergen
- Other Allergens
Allergen Risk Management Approach
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Control and Management
- Allergen Control Program Validation and Testing
- Program Review and Improvement